Sunday, April 22, 2018

Rampage

Rampage is about three animals that are infected by a dangerous pathogen and then try to destroy Chicago. It is up to a primatologist and a geneticist to stop them. This movie is based around the old video game of the same name.

So I went to see this movie because it was one that everyone was interested in seeing (at least in my friend group). All the guys were excited because they used to play the game. They were all like "omg Rampage, yay!" Well, I just want to say to all of them, "thank you for wasting an hour and a half of my life." It started alright, but after about five minutes I was bored. I couldn't help but look at the Rock and think that he was the less exciting, more buff version, of Chris Pratt in Jurassic World. I almost felt like I was in Jurassic Park except they were apes instead of dinosaurs.

Believe me, that was only the beginning. The CGI people should be ashamed of themselves. Was that a toy car I saw at the end? I swear I saw a toy car drive up to the fake, giant ape at the end. This is 2018 people, you can do better than that!

I never played Rampage the game, and I don't have any interest in it now. Especially after learning that the game is just a beat-em-up kind of game. There's no story line in it, which may be why this movie was so predictable. Animals become dangerous mutants that go attack a city, and then the primatologist in charge of the ape has to save the day. That's it. Same old story as every other movie these days.

Hard pass on this one guys. There's better movies in the theater!


No comments:

Post a Comment