Friday, April 6, 2018

A Quiet Place

A Quiet Place is about a world terrorized by monsters that hunt by sound, and the family that lives in silence to survive. Written, directed, and performed by John Krasinski, A Quiet Place is not one to miss.

I was on the edge of my seat from the very beginning. Almost the entire movie is set in silence. They can't speak out loud, they can't walk on creaky floorboards, they can't even listen to music out loud. Because of all this silence, I felt like I also had to be quiet. I could hear every breath I took, and every gasp that escaped my mouth. When they were internally screaming, I was internally screaming with them. I felt like I was there with the actors, and like I was being hunted along with them.

There wasn't one moment in the entire movie where I was unhappy, or felt like something could have been done better. Props to John Krasinski because this film deserves some kind of award. To be in every aspect of the film making, from writing it to acting it out, he did a phenomenal job. All of the actors were fantastic actually. Millicent Simmonds, who plays Regan Abbott (the daughter), will go on from this movie into a great career as an actress. She has been deaf since infancy, and this role was perfectly matched for her, but I can see her being a role model to other deaf people.

Please see this movie. Don't turn it down because you don't like scary movies. This is pure suspense, and it's only 90 minutes long! It's amazing how much they fit into that short of a film, and I never once thought it needed to end. I was drawn in the whole time and did not want it to end. I can see why some people would think it's stupid. Who gets pregnant in a world where you can't make any sound? But really, if that's the only complaint, my response is: it's a movie. You can't have a movie without a plotline, and Krasinski is a genius to come up with a sightless alien-creature that hunts by sound. I hope he writes a sequel or just any other movie because I will be one of the first people in line to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment