Sunday, June 17, 2018

Ocean's 8

Ocean's 8 is the newest Ocean's movie, but this one is an all female group led by Debbie Ocean. They are on a mission to steal one of Cartier's most prized possessions, the Toussiant necklace, worth $150 million dollars. After Debbie is released from jail, she begins recruiting the other 7 women she needs to pull off this major heist at the Met Gala.

So, I've never seen any of the Ocean's movies before. The only reason I went to see this one is because it's a Sandra Bullock movie and it is loaded with other famous women actors. Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Rhianna, etc. all have leading roles in this film, and they all did a great job. The acting was brilliant, but the plot line was nothing to be amazed by. I felt like I'd seen this all before. The impossible mission that no one thinks they can pull off, but it somehow works smoothly with very little problems.

My biggest problem with the movie is that it kept referencing past movies in the series, which I mentioned, I haven't seen. Normally references are fine because they help you understand what happened in the past. I found the references in this movie to be extremely unhelpful. They just confused me, and they weren't necessary to this story.

Other than that, not a whole lot to say about this one. The reviews online say it all with a 6/10 on IMDb and a 49% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes. No one was super impressed by it. It was decent, but not something I'd race to the theaters to see. Also, I'm pretty sure there will be a sequel. The way it ended left it open for more films, but we'll see if the so/so reviews keep that from happening or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment