Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Game Night

Game Night.....where to begin....

I loved it. Game Night is about a murder mystery game night that ends up being more than just a game. Max (Jason Bateman) and Brooks (Kyle Chandler) have had a longtime sibling rivalry about everything imaginable. Brooks has always been better: he's better looking, more successful, and seemingly more loved by all. When Brooks comes back to town and announces the weekly game night will be at his house instead of letting it be at Max's, Max and all his friends have no idea what's in store.

From the very start of the movie, I was loving it. I am a huge fan of Jason Bateman in general, but I have not been impressed with some of his more recent films (*cough* The Gift *cough*). This was definitely an improvement for him. The jokes were not cheesy at all, and not once did I feel like they were forced. All of the actors did a great job at making it seem realistic. As if they were all great friends that loved to joke around and looked forward to their weekly game nights.

I was worried that Game Night would be predictable. A lot of times with comedies, the previews give you all the funny parts and you can guess the ending without even seeing it. That was not the case this time. The best jokes were left for movie purposes only and I was guessing whodunit time and again, without success (and I'm pretty good with mysteries).

I will recommend Game Night to everyone for as long as it's in theaters, and then again when it comes out on DVD. I might just need to add it to my collection of DVDs as well.

P.S. Don't miss the cut scene at the very end of the credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment