Monday, February 5, 2018

About Me

Hi everyone and welcome to my new blog!

As you can see above, my name is Hayley and I'm 26 years old. I live and work in Tulsa, OK, but my job has nothing to do with movies or theater in general. While I may not work in that field, I have bought a lot of movie tickets and DVDs, and I have done my time as a Stage Manager in high school and college. I can't tell you how many movies I've seen in theaters, but I can say that I personally own over 300 DVDs, which I might as well mention, are not easy to store.

My friends have always loved my movie reviews because I will give my honest opinions of the movie, and I don't care what the film critics say. Actually, the film critics and I rarely ever agree, and that bothers me. If you read the critics' reviews, and then don't go see a movie because of what they said....you're doing this all wrong. Trust me. They're crazy or confused and they wouldn't know a good movie if it slapped them in the face.

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of learning about and acquiring a MoviePass. If you haven't heard about this, you need to get on my bandwagon! MoviePass is $10 a month for unlimited movies, one movie per day. It's super easy to use. You download the app, sign up and they send you a "credit card." Then, go to the theater, check in on the app, and swipe your card. Checking in pretty much loads the credit card with the money required for the movie ticket. For more info, go here: https://www.moviepass.com/?affiliate=igw&referralCode=6cDmZfpH4OqE4Z5Z2Nyk1YPgGQhGw3FS4xQbEKd1Cto%253D&medium=email&referralSource=.

Anyway, this MoviePass has allowed me to go to the movies at least once a week (time permitted, I still have a real job). Some friends think I'm crazy for seeing so many movies, but I love every second spent watching them, and I feel like it's time to share my reviews. Whenever I see a movie, I will post my thoughts on it soon after.

Have a movie you're considering seeing, but aren't sure you'll enjoy? Let me know what it is. I'll go see it as soon as I can and I'll let you know what I thought.

So for now, thank you for reading this first entry, and I hope you come back. :)

Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment