Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Overlord

True historical events meet the living dead in Overlord. The night before D-Day, American paratroopers drop into France to destroy a radio transmitter atop a fortified church. The task already seems impossible, but when they find what lies beneath the church, the mission goes from impossible to a death wish. With the help of a female villager, the remaining paratroopers fight for survival and face a nightmare they never thought possible.

So this review is coming out a bit late since I don't think you can still see Overlord in theaters, but you can use this for Netflix or if you think you might buy the DVD. I really enjoyed this movie. It is fast-paced and full of twists and turns. It starts a bit slow and you're not really sure where this movie is taking you, but J.J. Abrams does not let us down on this action, horror.

If you are big into zombies and historical films, this one is definitely for you. I liked the twist to the true events. American troops really did drop into Nazi-France the night before D-Day to take out radio towers. They didn't meet zombies along the way, but it is an interesting idea. Who ever thought to bring zombies into WWII?! Oh, and if you like gory films, this is definitely your movie. I was pretty grossed out, but I hate gore. I had to hide my eyes on more than one occasion.

At just under two hours, this is one of the longer zombie movies I can remember. I never felt like I was bored and needed it to end though. There's a lot going on at all times and I think it moved along pretty smoothly. Jovan Adepo that plays the lead (character named Boyce), does a great job at keeping you entertained. I think he did this role justice, and I hope we see more of him in other movies. (He does a lot of TV shows, not as many movies.) IMDb rates this one at a 7.1/10 and Rotten Tomatoes is at a 76% audience score, which is very good for both. I agree with the ratings, and I would see this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment