Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Christopher Robin

Christopher Robin is the newest Winnie the Pooh film meant for every person, adult or child, that has ever loved the Hundred Acre Wood. We watch Christopher Robin go from a happy child to a workaholic with very little time to give to his family. Then one day, Pooh can't find his friends and so he enlists Christopher to help him. Christopher soon learns that family and friends are more important than any job.

I loved this movie from start to finish. Winnie the Pooh was always a presence in my home, and continues to be to this day. My mom is even named after Christopher Robin (her name is Christine), so yeah Winnie the Pooh is sort of important to us! I was so excited to see this movie, and it did not disappoint. The reviews on every media site are absolutely true. If you loved Pooh Bear in the past, then you will love this movie as well.

At first, I thought it was starting a bit slow. The beginning starts with Christopher as a young boy and then we jump through the years almost like we are transporting through the important parts of the book. Once Christopher is an adult (played by Ewan McGregor) it really picked up and had me laughing the whole time. There was something almost sentimental to me throughout the film. They kept us entertained by reminding us of all the old shows and all the old jokes: Pooh with his hunny, Piglet with the acorns, Tigger's bouncing song, etc. It was like I was being brought back to an easier time where my Hundred Acre Wood friends were all I needed. Pooh's wisdom was beautiful throughout the movie, even if he thinks he's just a bear with very little brain.

The character animations were also very well done. When Christopher was interacting with them it was like they were actually there having a conversation or off searching for their friends. Pooh had me laughing the whole time, especially with his sticky, hunny fingers and his need to understand the "real world." Eeyore was hilarious as well with his somber statements like "Thanks for noticin' me." I've always had a soft spot for Eeyore though so maybe that's just me.

I highly recommend seeing this movie if you ever loved Pooh and his friends. Even if you never got into Pooh before, I think you will love this movie. It will definitely be a part of my collection of DVDs someday. I mean with reviews like 8/10 from IMDb and a 91% on Rotten Tomatoes, you can't get much better than that.

P.S. There is a small scene during the credits that is a little weird, and not totally needed. It ends with the friends all sitting in some beach chairs relaxing by the ocean which was pretty cute.



No comments:

Post a Comment